On the 27th September 1908, the first production of the Model T left the factory. This automobile, invented by Henry Ford, was to change our lives forever!
Here are several amusing facts about the very loved Ford Model T:
- The Model T, the first affordable automobile, was priced so that the average American could afford it; Ford was selling this inexpensive transportation on a massive scale, from 1908 until 1927, for the rising middle class; and Model T became a powerful symbol of America’s age of modernisation.
- The Model T got its nickname “Tin Lizzie”, derived from Noel Bullock’s car named “Old Liz”, on the 1992’s championship race in Colorado; He had the worst looking car on the race, unpainted and laking a hood, and so people started naming it “Tin Lizzie.
- Model T’s bodies built of wood laminated with thin metal sheets.
- Ford employees were required to buy a Model T, as soon as they were able to afford one, according to their signed contracts.
- Model T’s were only available in black, except for the early ones and the late ones, as black was the only colour pain that dried quicker; short dry times were critical, to increase production speed, because of the cars enormously high demand.
- Ford offered an electric starter, for starting up engines, instead of a handheld crank starter; but nobody wanted the comfortable and safe to use electric starter because of the higher cost.
- The Model T, with a top speed of 45mph, had no speedometer.
- A significant percentage of the Model T’s are still being driven around today.
- Did you know hoses to suit many automotive applications, ranging from street cleaning to formula 1, are manufactured in the UK by Masterflex?
- Masterflex hoses used in the automotive industry, vary from Crushproof Exhaust Hose (Carflex Super) to automotive high temperature ducting and high temperature hose (e.g. HT1100).
Please check out our website for all types of
Should you require any further knowledge, on any of our Masterflex Hoses, then please do not hesitate to reach us:
our Helpful Sales Team:
Tel: 0161 626 8066
Our Online: Contact Form
Our E-mail: email@example.com.
Or Even: An Online Recommendation / Quotation