TPV Tubing – Peristaltic pumps are positive displacement pumps that use a flexible tube to transport fluid. This tube undergoes compression by rollers or shoes, which force fluid through it. Peristaltic pumps are for numerous applications, including food and beverage processing, medical devices, and industrial manufacturing.
The type of peristaltic pump tube used depends on the application. Some of the most common types of peristaltic pump tubes include:
- Silicone: Silicone tubing is resistant to many chemicals and temperatures, making it a good choice for many applications. However, silicone tubing is relatively expensive and sometimes challenging to work with.
- Santoprene: Santoprene tubing is a thermoplastic elastomer similar to silicone in terms of its properties. However, Santoprene tubing is more affordable and easy to work with than silicone types.
- Viton: Viton tubing is a fluorinated rubber, highly resistant to chemicals and abrasion. Viton tubing is a good choice for applications where the fluid pumped is corrosive or abrasive.
- Master-Tube TPV: Master-Tube TPV is a thermoplastic vulcanizate (TPV) mainly designed for peristaltic pumps. Master-Tube TPV is highly resistant to chemicals, abrasion, and fatigue. It is also relatively inexpensive and easy to work with.
Master-Tube TPV is a good choice for a wide range of peristaltic pump applications, including:
- Food and beverage processing
- Medical devices
- Industrial manufacturing
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Water and wastewater treatment
- Chemical processing
Master-Tube TPV is available in numerous sizes and wall thicknesses to meet the needs of different applications.
Benefits of using Master-Tube TPV
Here are some of the benefits of using Master-Tube TPV in peristaltic pumps:
- High chemical resistance: Master-tube TPV is resistant to many chemicals, including acids, bases, and solvents.
- High abrasion resistance: Master-Tube TPV is highly resistant to abrasion, making it a good choice for applications where the fluid pumped is abrasive.
- High fatigue resistance: Master-Tube TPV has high fatigue resistance, which means that it can withstand repeated compression and expansion without failing.
- Wide temperature range: Master-Tube TPV is suitable for a wide range of temperatures, from -50°C to +125°C.
- FDA compliant: Master-Tube TPV is FDA compliant, making it safe for food and beverage processing applications.