Types of Flexible Hoses and Ducts Can Do!
Masterflex Flexible Hoses are designed to carry abrasive solids, granules, dust, vapours, gases and some liquids. These hoses are reinforced flexible hollow tubes which can be both lightweight and flexible. Our hoses are designed to achieve a combination of performance and purpose.
Common factors in hose design, include size, weight, length, abrasion resistance, media/chemical compatibility and pressure ratings. Such variables result in flexible hoses and ducts built from a combination of materials such as polyurethane, PVC, nylon-based coated fabrics, glass/high-temperature fabrics, PTFE and others. Our Flexible Hoses have reinforcement structures made of metal-wire/helix, usually galvanised steel or stainless steel to ensure better pressure resistance and hose stiffness while maintaining flexibility and weight.
Common Applications For Flexible hoses and Ducts
Types of Flexible Hoses & Ducts: Masterflex hoses transport air/gasses, vapour, granules and lightweight solids; Typical applications, for Masterflex hoses and ducts, include:
- Grain Hoses for Agricultural applications to transport seeds and other granules or for farms and other feed applications
- Flexible exhaust hoses for extracting engine exhaust gasses
- FDA Food Grade Hoses ideal for medicine & pharmaceutical applications
- Gravel Hoses for Gravel, Sand, Stone
- Hoses for the Plastics Industry (Plastic Granules, Heaters)
- Woodworking Dust extraction hoses for use in fire risk areas